Do you have cancer? This diagnosis creates a serious disruption in the life of almost every patient: from one day to the next nothing is how it used to be. Quite often good medical care is not enough to cope with your questions and uncertainties, with the psychological and physical consequences of the disease and to gradually find the way back into private and professional life.
Relatives are also affected: In addition to worrying about the affected person, further challenges arise. Together with the affected person, they try to find ways of dealing with the changes.
We always make plenty of time for you
Either in a personal meeting, on the phone or via email we answer your questions and give practical advice and support you on your very personal journey in how to cope with this particular situation in your life and regain your mental equilibrium.
• Information about cancer
• Engagement of experts to discuss medical questions and give second opinions
• Psycho-social and socio-pedagogic advice as well as psycho-oncological support with the aim of being able to deal with the changed life situation
• "Round table" discussions with all involved persons including psycho-oncological support
• Support in adapting to your changed life situation
• Counselling in periods of crisis and sorrow
• Information and support regarding social and legal issues
• Contact to self-help groups and other psycho-social and psycho-oncological services
• Support in finding appropriate psychotherapy possibilities
We help you further
The Cancer Counselling Services at Munich Tumour Centre complement other counselling services which are available and are focused on supporting:
- people affected by cancer following a hospital stay or during outpatient treatments
- people who have been living with cancer for many years
- family members and friends
Cancer Counselling Services at Munich Tumour Centre
(Krebsberatungsstelle am Tumorzentrum München)
in cooperation with the Bayerische Krebsgesellschaft e.V.
Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 3rd floor, room 3.07
Ph.: 0049 (0)89/4400-53351
Fax: 0049 (0)89/4400-53354
We cooperate with specialised facilities
We work closely together with clinics, doctors working in oncology and social institutions in Munich and Upper Bavaria.
The Cancer Counselling Services at Munich Tumour Centre are carried out in cooperation with the Bayerische Krebsgesellschaft e.V.